Joshua Boulet Illustrates on the Scene at Occupy Wall Street

http://joshuaboulet.com/ #ows

When I decided to stop by Occupy Wall St, it was not on official Illustration Age business, but I found a real gem nonetheless. In amongst the incredibly well-organized library, kitchen, and press area, Joshua Boulet had a thin easel and board up, brush and ink in hand. He painted these two pieces on the scene, his offering to both the #ows movement and the minor deity that insists you draw from life.

http://joshuaboulet.com/ #ows

http://joshuaboulet.com/ #ows

See more on Joshua’s website >>

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: New Illustration

Author:Marc Scheff

Marc Scheff is an illustrator whose work has appeared in publications including Spectrum, ImagineFX, and more. Marc teaches illustration at the Academy of Art University, podcasts with the good people at Drawn Today, and recently co-founded Awesome Horse Studios, the free livestream demo/crit channel. See and learn more at: www.marcscheff.com

Follow what's happening in Illustration.

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

21 Comments on “Joshua Boulet Illustrates on the Scene at Occupy Wall Street”

1. October 27, 2011 at 11:09 am #

I love his style. Looks like late 60′s Marvel. Beautiful stuff.

2. October 27, 2011 at 11:11 am #

wow! wished I could have been there to see him illustrate :D

3. October 27, 2011 at 11:18 am #

Wow…that is impressive. No way I could have focused enough to do something like that with all that going on around.

4. SONU
    October 27, 2011 at 12:04 pm #

One of the greatest artists of our generation!

5. November 2, 2011 at 6:18 am #

Boulet has such a talent for capturing the energy of a scene.

6. Eddie Walker
    November 2, 2011 at 7:49 am #

Bustin it out as usual, m’friend! AWESOMNESS!!!

7. November 2, 2011 at 3:18 pm #

as it was written

8. November 3, 2011 at 6:31 am #

NICE! Josh is a really cool guy. Humble, laid back and motivated (and obviously, talented).
    The Dallas art and comics scene is lucky to have him!

9. November 10, 2011 at 9:45 am #

I could not believe my luck when I stumbled upon Boulet at OWS while he was working. His style was perfect for the large back page illustrations that were running in The Occupied Wall Street Journal (I’d contributed the first two). I put him in touch with the OWSJ editors in order to pass my illustration baton over to him. Hope to see his wonderful work published in the next issue!

10. November 10, 2011 at 9:52 am #

I’m glad you all love this as much as I do. Josh says he is down at OWS quite a bit.

@beth, love your installations, and sketchbooks. wow.

11. November 10, 2011 at 12:41 pm #

Everyone here rocks! Thanks guys. Lots of Dallas Love and NYC love.

12. November 11, 2011 at 10:20 am #

This is serious badassery. We shared this link in on our facebook page and in our newsletter and got a lot of response to it. Boulet’s art is awesome. His stuff from Toronto was nuts too.

13. November 11, 2011 at 11:53 am #

Awesome! And do I understand Boulet and ArtLoveMagic are both Dallas natives? I was down there for a ConceptArt Workshop a few years ago and was blown away at the art museum there. Really great collection.

14. November 16, 2011 at 6:22 pm #

People, Joshua just posted these and other OWS drawings for sale on his site. http://joshuaboulet.com/OWS/prints.htm

15. January 17, 2012 at 11:12 am #

i love it. very capturing. I find it unorthodox way when you do it from the live crowd which is unique. Very cool!

16. January 24, 2012 at 4:02 pm #

Nice illo, thankyou for elevating Occupy to art

17. March 5, 2012 at 5:00 pm #

Reblogged this on sambaltempoyak and commented:
    Amazing!

18. Dan Kahn
    April 6, 2013 at 9:21 pm #

I knew Joshua Boulet was someone special when he and his sketchbook sat next to me at stage play in Seattle on Sat. evening of April 6, 20l3. His sketches were fascinating.
    Dan Kahn, Lynnwood, WA

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Illustration Age — Lost At E Minor: For creative people - January 28, 2012

[...] regularly update with new, inspiring, and sometimes groundbreaking work from all over the world. [Illustration by Joshua Boulet]Tagged: illustration website, Joshua Boulet0 Also by THOMAS JAMESBeauty is Embarrassing: a [...]

2. Illustration Age | the cool thing sing - January 28, 2012

[...] regularly update with new, inspiring, and sometimes groundbreaking work from all over the world. [Illustration by Joshua Boulet] This entry was posted in Architecture. Bookmark the permalink. ← Multimedia illustrator [...]

3. Dibujando la esfera. Bio-grafías contemporáneas. - May 4, 2013

[...] Flores o el movimiento “UrbanSkectkres” en Acampada Sol (Madrid), Inma Serrano en 15M-Sevilla o Joshua Bulet y Guy Dennin (Ocuppy Wall Street) por citar algunos, han contribuido a generar relatos de presente, [...]